Friday, May 11, 2018

Irony in my world

As I come back to my blog today, I realize that it has been approximately 5 months since my last blog entry. The irony is that my last blog entry was part of a challenge to blog daily. That Is Irony....!

Current shop # 587 on the lower level
So what is new in my world since then? I have a shop that is part of a co-op. The Shops on West Ridge Road in Greece, NY is the new home to my Art Quilts, Wall Hangings and Table Runners. It is a great location with wonderful wall space to display my creations. It is on the lower level of the building. Because there are so many vendors with artisan creations, antiques, home decor and so much more many people never get to the lower level. That is about to change.

The next chapter is about to begin...
Vacation Photo on Fabric
I have given notice to leave my part time job at Wegmans. I will jump full scale into supporting my shop, developing new products, relaunching my Etsy shop, writing patterns and teaching. In the line of new products I am able to put photos on fabric. This can document an occasion or celebrate a special memory. I can put a photo or invitation on cloth for you to use in your project or I can produce a completed item such as a pillow or wall hanging. The sample to the right shows a special memory I have from a Caribbean vacation. In this house they showed the process of making batik fabric and had batik fabric for sale.

Another view of what is available in my current shop.
Another part of this next chapter involves changing the local on my shop within the same building.
Sometime in the next few weeks I will be moving to the main level of The Shops on West Ridge Road. I have walls to paint before I can make this move but the location is great. I will be in the back right corner of the building near the rest rooms and the 1 2 3 Cafe. Not there just yet so watch for an announcement of my location change.




My new location will be #407, not my cases, see why I need to paint the walls 

No comments:

Post a Comment